How to Make Marshmallow Pops

by Zena-Marie on 23 March 2012

Post image for How to Make Marshmallow Pops

Marshmallow pops are the design staple of cool kids parties. They look fantastic, taste great and are super easy to make. (all the things I look for in party food). They are so easy infact, that I decided to let my 9 year old daughter demonstrate how to make them.

You will need:
Marshmallows
Lolly sticks
A glass of luke warm water
Sprinkles

Gently wiggle the marshmallow onto the lolly stick until it is secure.

Dip the marshmallow into the luke warm water and wiggle it about.

Roll the wet marshmallow in the sprinkles until completely covered.

You can finish off your marshmallow pop with a little bow. I made this one with a little ribbon and some double sided sticky tape.

Display your pops in a pretty glass filled with sweets.

If you’re feeling more adventurous you can dip the marshmallow in melted chocolate before covering it in sprinkles. ( I’ll let you in on some tip’s for doing this successfully in a future post)

That’s it. It’s that simple.

If you want to find out more simple, stylish idea’s to make your parties, crafts and interiors fabulous don’t forget to subscribe using the box at the top right of this page.

Have this fabulous blog arrive right in your inbox! Simply enter your name and email in here now (it's quick, safe and easy!)...

Your email address is never taken for granted, shared, rented or sold. You can unsubscribe easily at anytime.

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Emily March 27, 2012 at 08:53

Wow these look stunning!! Thanks for introducing me to them, they are definitely going to appear at my next party xx

Zena-Marie March 27, 2012 at 21:15

So glad to be of help. They are so much easier to make than cake pops and can be made to look just as fabulous. Let me know when you get round to making some and I’ll feature them in a post.

Carolee Tosches April 5, 2012 at 11:03

You are my inspiration.

Zena-Marie April 9, 2012 at 23:09

Thank you so much. Keep an eye on the Facebook page I’m going to do a sneak preview my woodland dessert table. It has chocolate marshmallow pops in edible dirt!

Mammasaurus April 5, 2012 at 21:25

These look so cute and yummy! Love it!

And easy enough to get the kids involved with too :D

Zena-Marie April 9, 2012 at 23:15

Thanks for the comment and really glad you like them. I’ll be featuring some chocolate covered pops soon.

peachesandpearls April 5, 2012 at 22:57

Love this idea ! will deffinatley be trying it with the littles over Easter .

Zena-Marie April 6, 2012 at 00:17

Its a great activity to do with kids. Quick, easy and not to messy. They’ll love it. Have fun

Presents and Baby April 30, 2012 at 23:08

Great idea and perfect to get children involved!

Zena-Marie April 30, 2012 at 23:33

Thank you so much. Marshmallow pops are perfect for making with children. They always turn out great so the kids are really proud of their efforts. My children absolutely love making them, almost as much as they love eating them :)

Beulah June 26, 2012 at 07:50

How far in advance can you make them? Do they get hard pretty quickly?

Thanks!

Zena-Marie June 26, 2012 at 14:02

You can make the pops a couple of days in advance if you need to. They will be nice and crunchy on the outside and stay soft gooey in the middle.

smallsh July 15, 2012 at 03:42

i’m going to make these for my son’s bday party. can i transport them lying down or will the sprinkles fall off or stick to the container/pan? also, if i make them in advance do you store it in a closed container? thanks for the great idea!

Zena-Marie August 9, 2012 at 11:30

You will need to transport them standing up. You can get small Styrofoam blocks from cake shops that are perfect for transporting and displaying the pops. I usually make mine the day before and just cover them with a freezer or sandwich bag when transporting. You don’t really need it to be airtight. The sprinkles will stop the marshmallows going hard. Hope this advice hasn’t come to late. I’ve been in hospital so am catching up on the comments :)

Kelly Hammami August 9, 2013 at 16:32

Hi, whats your facebook site please? My daughters 1st birthday next weekend so i will have a go :-)

Zena-Marie August 16, 2013 at 10:43

Thanks for visiting :)
Our face book page is: https://www.facebook.com/thefabulousmomsguide